Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Season, new job!



Can I say it hardly seems possible that Christmastime is almost here! Wasn't it just Halloween? We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hosted this year, my mom and Bill, and step-brother Brad came. My sister, her friend DJ, and all of their kids came too. We had a late dinner, but ate lots of turkey, and ended the night at Grandpa Perkins house for a movie theater version of Polar Express. After a busy weekend of taking Thanksgiving decorations down,and pulling our Christmas decorations out again, I was anxious for Monday to come, for the kids to go back to school,and for our lives to be back to normal. Brad started a new job on Monday at the INL, (Idaho Nuclear Laboratory), we are excited for the many opportunities that await him! He works Monday through Thursday, and gets every other Friday off. This job and the flexibility will be such a blessing to us. Grandpa Jon starts chemo and radiation on Monday, and he will need help from the kids getting to and from appointments, and help with meals and around the house. With Brad's new job he will be able to help his dad, and spend some qualtiy time with him. We are praying that Heavenly Father will keep him with us as long as possible. I have faith that we will have longer with him than doctors have said. Please keep him in your prayers. Also, I will be sending Christmas cards out next week, so PLEASE e-mail me your address(onala@cableone.net)!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

SO cute!! I miss you guys so much. I'm glad to hear Brad found a job...that's always good news. :)

The Anderson Family said...

Hey Onala, I just found your blog. Amy and I were just talking about you yesterday, and she was asking me if I knew how to get a hold of you. So here we are. How is everything going? I see congrats on a baby girl are in order, and also that your husband found a job! That is great!!! Hey, my email address is jmarian2001@yahoo.com. Write me back. Also, you can check out my blog at mariananderson.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Hi Onala! I was wondering what you are up to so Mical gave me your blog info!We miss you here in Vegas!I cannot believe how grown up & beautiful your kids are!And u are expecting? That is so awesome! My email is jenwhite3579@yahoo.com. My blog is thewhitefamilyadventures@blogspot.com. Bye!

Jen White